Old November 18th 06, 08:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Yet another Planetary Nebula discovery

Thanks Stefan and others

I have great hopes for clear skies tonight

I need to wrap up Jones 1 and want to log some more time in Crisp1 and also
Howell-Crisp1

It is getting to the point where running two rigs in parallel isn't giving
me enough capture bandwidth: I need two of the 18" rigs to keep up with all
the work that my widefield system is queueing up for me!

"Stefan Lilge" wrote in message
Richard,

congratulations on you discovery. I bet you will put a lot of exposure
time into the "final" version of this nebula :-)
As I am sure that you can do better than the DSS (conditions permitting of
course) this will not only be a shot of a "new" object but also a pretty
picture.

Stefan

"Richard Crisp" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
om...
Mike Howell and I have been collaborating as of late in the quest for
uncatalogued planetary nebulae. We found one on Nov 4 in an image that
Mike took and one that I took. So we decided to call this one
Howell-Crisp1

both of us found it in widefield images and I have since taken an image
of it using the Stinger 450 cassegrain on Nov 9 but the seeing was very
unsettled that night, there was a ton of moon and some thin clouds and
lots of dew.

Well rest assured that when the weather gives me the chance I will return
to it for a better high resolution image

In the meantime we will have to settle for the discovery shots, my high
res shot taken under poor conditions and some images I put together from
the DSS

I attached the image I made from the DSS F, J and N plates since it looks
the best and also attached the POSS F filter image as it is the best high
resolution image of it so far

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/hc1_planetary_page.htm