Old December 21st 03, 11:03 PM
Rand Simberg

Default Airplane Scientists

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 14:54:04 -0800 (PST), in a place far, far away,
"Heinrich Zinndorf-Linker (zili@home)" made the
phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:

I've no interest in canonizing Burt. In many ways, particularly
regulatorily, he's a pain in the ass.

Maybe he is the PITA that NASA and other government [and/or govt.
'sponsored'] organizations urgently need?

NASA has nothing to do with launch regulation, which is the area in
which he's being a PITA.

Maybe they SHOULD have a
look onto him and his methods - his success proves, they CAN'T be all
false. Maybe...

If he succeeds in setting lousy regulatory precedents, his "success"
could make it much more difficult for others, and the industry in
general.