Old July 23rd 04, 08:08 AM
Mike Simmons

Default [OT] Peacekeeper Launch from Vandenberg

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 07:23:45 GMT, Phil Wheeler wrote:

Mike Simmons wrote:

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 01:05:39 GMT, Chris S
wrote:

I saw one from 1 mile down range back in 1992. I worked on the
Minuteman
III and just so happened to be present for a Peacekeeper launch. Very
impressive stuff and I remember it just as you described. The one cool
thing I did get to see was the missile exit the launch tube and light
the
first stage because we had a downhill vantage point to the launch
facility.

Maybe I'll get to see another some day. :-)

There's a Minuteman III scheduled to launch Friday morning with a
six-hour launch window opening at 1:01 AM.

PDT?

Yes, PDT. Sorry 'bout that.

For the latest publicly available information on the launch schedule and
more on the launches, go to:
http://www.spacearchive.info

Mike Simmons