Old November 18th 06, 05:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson

Default ASTRO: An Eskamo or is it a Clown?

This is exactly the same RGB used to make the LRGB. Just that the L
frames at 2 minutes were overexposed. With a better exposed L frame and
even RGB frames (maybe 1 minute?) it should look better but will take a
bunch of them. This is only 3 frames each or 6 minutes for each color.
No processing at all to them other than to equalize the background to
close to black with levels. I didn't expect 2 minutes to be too long
for a frame at 1x1 binning. The central star was fully saturated as
were parts of the nebula. The RGB filters knocked things down enough
the nebula wasn't over exposed but the central star was still fully
saturated. I'm still adjusting from film my film days. 2 minutes
wouldn't have gotten much at all!

Rick

George Normandin wrote:
"Rick Johnson" wrote

Rick,

Nice improvement in your processing for this version.

George N