Old March 3rd 06, 11:18 PM posted to sci.astro

Default Magnetic Fields Sculpt Narrow Jets From Dying Star (Forwarded)

In message .com, John
Curtis writes
Jonathan Silverlight wrote:

I know you have a bee in your bonnet about water, but in this case the
water is actually in the form of a fairly good vacuum.

Wickramasinghe-Hoyle panspermia needs water and salts in
close contact. Perhaps, atmospheric pressures, generated
by the gravity of stars, simulate the deep-ocean environment
of black smokers, which are invariably accompanied by biota.
John Curtis

The only place you're going to get that sort of pressure and temperature
is in deep-ocean environments (Doh !) It's irrelevant to stellar jets,
or indeed stars. Anyway, panspermia barely qualifies as a theory, and
doesn't even consider life as we don't know it.