Old August 24th 03, 08:59 PM
Mike

Only thing is, outer space isn't completely empty. Satellites for
example experience air drag to a small extent. Over time, the barn is
gonna come down way sooner than the cone. Drag is one factor, orbital
dynamics another.

Mike

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 05:25:42 GMT, (Jim)
wrote:

Hi.

I want to know if a pointy projectile in outer space does or does NOT
have an advantage over let's say a barn, as far as being propelled in
outer space ( or anywhere above, where there is no atmosphere).

I think I read recently that it makes no difference. But I have a hard
time digesting that.

Can someone shed some light on that ?

Thanks again, for your all your most excellent answers,

Jim