Old February 6th 15, 07:16 PM posted to sci.space.station
David Spain[_4_]

Default Hubble status

On Friday, February 6, 2015 at 12:51:46 PM UTC-5, David Spain wrote:
On Friday, February 6, 2015 at 6:23:41 AM UTC-5, Jeff Findley wrote:
Yes, a docking/grapple fixture was installed on the aft end. This could

be used for a servicing mission or a deorbit mission.

See below...

You don't want Hubble to come down uncontrolled like Skylab, especially with that big, heavy mirror which will surely survive reentry.

Yeah I had thought of that as well. Its 40" main mirror is of considerable heft and made of temp resistant glass.

Ah crap: 2.4 meter ~7.9 feet ~94.5 inches*. I can't rely on my memory for anything anymore....

Dave

*http://hubblesite.org/hubble_discove...pe/about.shtml