Old September 15th 11, 06:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius[_1_] Painius[_1_] is offline
Banned

Default Size of New Found Planets,and Numbers

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 05:03:10 -0700 (PDT), "G=EMC^2"
wrote:

On Sep 14, 11:06*am, Painius wrote:
On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 06:18:55 -0700 (PDT), "G=EMC^2"

wrote:
Well back in 2008 I read there were 50 Earth size planets 185 about 30%nlarger,and 640 about 2.2 times the size of Earth.Now we have ti Kepler saterlite I would like to know how many it has found in the last 3 years? *TreBert

Kepler was launched in March of 2009. *As of Sept. 2009, 1,235
planetary candidates circling 997 host stars had been discovered.
That's more than twice the number of the then known exoplanets. Those
results included 68 planetary candidates of Earth-like size and 54
planetary candidates in the Goldilocks Zone of their star.

As of this month, Kepler has found 1,781 planetary candidates.

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kepler_satellite

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine

We must look for a star within 10 LY We must be able to know its a
rock planet,and looks like a blue marble. That is when things would
get very interesting TreBert

Already been done, friend Bert. There is nothing that near to us,
unfortunately. Unless of course they cloak themselves like the
Klingons do! g