Old June 22nd 08, 08:55 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

Default Osceola Weather Progress Energy in Hot Water(stole 146 M)

On Jun 21, 1:10*pm, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Double-A Beans when I was a kid saved the poor. My mother had a job so
we were poor but not all that poor,so I can say Campbell vegetarian
soup(had it after school every day) kept me alive. Its still my favorite
soup

Now there are cheaper store brands than Campbells. Wish they would
come in microwavable containers so you could just go to the store
microwave and heat them up.

My mother made big bowls of Jello. Italian bread was 6 feet tall
and delivered at the door as was milk eggs butter,and flat
laundry(sheets) *Cars were tin lizzy *Crank start *Good on gas that was
rather expensive 11 cents a gallon. * We had an ice man that gave me a
big chuck of ice to eat. *I use to follow his horse with a small pail
and shovel for fertilizer for I had a tiny lot in back to grow stuff.
Only thing that grew were radishes. * For me the 30s were the best of
times *For my mother it was the worse of times.

Is America now starting to look more like you remember it as a child?
Closed businesses, etc.?

* On Saturdays it cost
11 cents to go to the Strand,and see two movies and Flash Gordon *10
cents for 13 donuts(yesterdays) and my mother *gave me 25 cents. so I
had money left over. *My best friends Joe *Dick and Mel we went together
to movies *Well AA I'm the only one left. I miss Joe the most. *I held
my mother's hand so she was not alone when she died. I will die
alone,but not here in Florida. *Bert

Nowadays, any coin less than a quarter is hardly worth having.
Pennies lay everywhere and no one bothers to pick them up. The
government is wasting money making the useless things.

Double-A