Old August 2nd 19, 01:36 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

Default Senate Launch System continues to delay development

On 8/2/2019 7:48 AM, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...

Today, NASA signed an agreement with SpaceX to develop in space
refueling technology (presumably for Starship). That conversation on
Twitter is what spurred ULA's former chief scientist to Tweet about the
above.

I love the part about how Falcon 9 Heavy is mythical (at the time) while SLS
isn't...

Yeah, that was always disingenuous considering how much commonality
there is between the (then flying) Falcon 9 and the (then under
development) Falcon Heavy. SLS, by comparison, is pretty much all new
except for the SSMEs they took off of all of the orbiters that are in
museums.

That was an eye-roller for me too, even at the time and of course,
remains so. Just look at the cost per flight numbers. Says it all...

Oh, and Ars Technica, and Eric Berger in particular, publish great
articles about "space". I like their online forums as well.

Jeff

Agreed.

Dave