Old December 3rd 14, 06:31 AM posted to sci.space.history
snidely

Default The big outside countdown clock for manned missions has been retired

On Tuesday, David Spain quipped:

Besides we don't have countdown clocks for commercial airline, train or bus
departures. Looking forward to the day when the same can be said for space
travel.

Only true in a very narrow sense of a *timer* display (instead of a
time display) that is continously updated.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3789/9126711596_a800507f0f.jpg

On the other hand, how many of set the countdown timer on our phones to
make sure we get to the gate soon enough?

/dps

--
But happiness cannot be pursued; it must ensue. One must have a reason
to 'be happy.'"