Old December 2nd 14, 06:36 PM posted to sci.space.history
David Spain[_4_]

Default The big outside countdown clock for manned missions has been retired

On Wednesday, November 26, 2014 11:41:08 AM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:
On the news last nite they said parts were no longer available. I hope it isnt scrapped but is sent to a museum somewhere

Well it's probably time. The countdown clock didn't have enough digits for counting down from the potential decades between manned SLS missions.

Besides we don't have countdown clocks for commercial airline, train or bus departures. Looking forward to the day when the same can be said for space travel.

Dave