Old May 19th 13, 06:30 PM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

Default Drive on Opportunity

On May 19, 12:26*pm, "Greg \(Strider\) Moore"
wrote:
"bob haller" *wrote in message

On May 17, 10:27 pm, "Greg \(Strider\) Moore"
wrote:
http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/17/43...portunity-reco....

35.76km. *Second only to Lunokhod 2 (37km).

Note that taken about 9 years to do what the Apollo astronauts did in a
few
days.

I'll take the Mark I eyeball on site when I can.

well if speed is what you want...... that can be done but science
along the way takes time

You're missing the point but that's not surprising. *Note the Apollo 17
astronauts were doing SCIENCE also. *They could just do it about 1,000 times
faster.

The Apollo 17 astronauts weren't out joyriding.

--
Greg D. Moore * * * * * * * * *http://greenmountainsoftware.wordpress.com/
CEO QuiCR: Quick, Crowdsourced Responses.http://www.quicr.net

remote controlled geologists can be the best geogolists on earth, with
super high def cameras it would be like they are there.....