Old May 19th 13, 05:26 PM posted to sci.space.history
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

Default Drive on Opportunity

"bob haller" wrote in message

On May 17, 10:27 pm, "Greg \(Strider\) Moore"
wrote:
http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/17/43...portunity-reco...

35.76km. Second only to Lunokhod 2 (37km).

Note that taken about 9 years to do what the Apollo astronauts did in a
few
days.

I'll take the Mark I eyeball on site when I can.

well if speed is what you want...... that can be done but science
along the way takes time

You're missing the point but that's not surprising. Note the Apollo 17
astronauts were doing SCIENCE also. They could just do it about 1,000 times
faster.

The Apollo 17 astronauts weren't out joyriding.