Old June 7th 04, 02:09 AM
Sky-High

Default B, Big, Big Bang, Big Bang Books...

Sam Wormley wrote in message ...
Rod Mollise wrote:

For me, I like _The Whole Shebang_ by Timothy
Ferris. Any others?

Hi Erik:

One I recommend to my students, and a real fave of mine, is another Ferris
book, _The Red Limit_.

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html

Hear Hear... "The Red Limit" is an excellent book!

I have read both "The Red Limit" and "The Whole Shebang", but to my
mind Timothy Ferris's best book is "Coming of Age in the Milky Way". A
very rich and enjoyable history of Cosmology. One of those books that
at 495 pages; one wishes were twice as long.

I just picked up a copy of Brian Greene's "The Fabric of the Cosmos",
and after finishing the decidedly non-cosmological "Hollywood Animal"
by Joe Eszterhas, (a kick-ass take-no-prisoners bio), will jump right
into what looks like a good read and further educational experience in
modern cosmology.

-sh