Old June 6th 04, 05:34 AM
socalsw

Default B, Big, Big Bang, Big Bang Books...

Okay, I hope you will excuse the subject heading (those of you with
children, I hope, appreciate the reference to the B Book). I have
read through my share of Big Bang questions (from both honest seekers
as well as trolls, and the latter usually wind up responding to the
former), and with each thread, I become more convinced that beyond
using a balloon analogy or some basic facts, a newsgroup is not the
best place to offer a full answer to the question. To really
understand the Big Bang theory, I believe, one needs to read up on it.
Since there is really not a SAA faq, I though maybe some of you
(especially those of you much more knowledgeable than me -- a large
group on this list indeed!) might like to share some titles of good
books on the big bang. Of course most will immediately think of
Hawking's book -- I have never really found it compelling, but this is
just a matter of personal taste on my part, and certainly no
indictment of the book. For me, I like _The Whole Shebang_ by Timothy
Ferris. Any others?

Erik
socalsw