Old November 25th 07, 05:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: Holmes on the 18th UT reprocessed

George Normandin wrote:

......and found a cat hair across the luminosity filter......

Rick,

Now that's a new one.......

I've heard of guys complaining about cat footprints running across the
primary of their big Dobs.......

George N

How a cat got in my STL-11000 I don't know! But it was black and
neither my wife or I have black hair. It was too fine besides. We have
a black cat but he's never in the observatory so it's a mystery to me.
Must have fallen from my clothes back in Sept. when I cooked the
dessicant then somehow found its way to the filter. But it's still
there. I saw it through the opening and before I could open the camera
to remove it a gust of wind blew it somehere in the camera. I couldn't
find it so it will likely reappear sometime in the future.

Now I need new flats. It keeps a light dusting of snow falling so can't
do it until that stops.

Rick