Old November 24th 07, 10:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: Holmes on the 18th UT reprocessed

wrote:

Rick -

I like this core image, best I've saw among the many post of Holmes
both hear and on other list.

Thanks.

Not bad for imaging through rather thick high clouds in moonlight. I
wish I'd have framed it lower. Core wasn't what I was going for at the
time.

Considering the weather it may be my last as well.

I had a clear night for a good 20 minutes the other night but a funny
line ran right through all my images. I was sure some glass was cracked
in the sudden cold that hit. Took off the camera which has been on the
scope untouched since September and found a cat hair across the
luminosity filter. How it suddenly showed up I don't know. I went to
remove it but the wind was strong and it blew somewhere in the camera
but I can't find it. I hope it doesn't return but it likely will. By
the time I got the camera back on the scope the sky had shut down
totally. It's been snowing lightly ever since.

Rick