Old July 4th 03, 06:15 AM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default Shapes of Galaxies

I find it interesting that galaxies come in different shapes. I'm
thinking they should all be spiral Just looking at a spiral galaxy you
know its rotation that gave it its shape. I can't vision an elliptical
galaxy rotating. I can't see its stars being in lock step ether. I read
that if two spiral galaxies merged they would form an elliptical
galaxy(I don't like that theory) Can't see how an elliptical galaxy
would have a central blackhole?? Then we have irregular
galaxies,and I have no thoughts regarding them. Like to think "Spin is
in" Our Milky Way has spin,and I like that. I see the universe as a
big spiral galaxy rotating at 93% of the speed of light. From the
outside looking into the universe I see the galaxies,as we see stars in
our Milky Way. Bert