Old July 2nd 03, 08:16 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default Query about Mars

Hi Jeff What Scott posted is true the Saturn V could build a base on
the moon,but it was not reuseable. The Shuttle on the other hand can go
round and round 300 miles up(low orbit) for 113 orbits,and only blow up
twice. Killing 12 astronauts,and waste 36 years. Seems 40 years ago
there was a choice to build a base on the moon or stay in low orbit for
the next 36 years. I went for the moon,for with the Saturn V its only 3
days away. I have been flamed for going in that direction for all those
years(still am) When you think of outer space you have to think big.
You have to have great vision. We throw billions of dollars
away by not recycling plactic jugs cans,and the Saturn V was not
recyclable but what a bang it gave for the buck. We should have sent
one up to the moon each 4th of July ,and with 36 trips we would have a
base on the moon flying the American flag. Now we have
nothing. Bert