Old January 22nd 04, 07:12 AM
C. Heise

Default Eropean Perception of Mars Missions.

"Frank Forskin" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
European Perception of Mars Missions.

I'm a teacher at the local community college and recently had a
European student who reflected many views I've heard from European
about Americans. Primarily that we're fat, stupid and arrogant.

1. while i was in the USA i had the feeling that i saw more people wighting
roundabout 150 Kg (300 pound) than i see in Germany (well most other people
say we have the fattest people in europe). And it is statisicly profed, that
there are more fat people in the USA than in any other country.

2. stupid: i think this view comes form the silly questions like "Do you
have to wear brown shirts in germany?" or "Do you have waterclosets in
Germany?"
Hell, you americans (and the other allies) ended the Nazi regime (thank you
for that) and you enjoy driving german cars like the Beatle,Rabit,Jetta (all
from VW),BWM and Mercedes.
And i heared about a statisic that 70% of all US americans thought that the
Irak could attack the USA with scud missiles (well if you think israel is
part of the USA, these 70% are right)

3. arrogant: Well, who is attacking other countries to bring them their way
of live?
but arrogance is not a pivilege only the USA have, there are many cases that
every nation is arrogant against others

When the EU takes a picture and its stunning.

well nobody said that your first pictures weren't stunning, but these
pictures are stunning, aren't they?

Carsten Heise ,german student