Old May 3rd 08, 03:07 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Jeff▲Relf[_28_]

Default The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions.

John Archibald Wheeler ( who recently died, age 96 ) was wrong
and Einstein was right: true Black Holes can't ever fully form.
Hawking recently realized he was wrong about that, Wheeler never did.

Over 100 years after “ e == m * c^2 ”, the scientific community
is still discovering Einstein was right and they were wrong.
3-D space is merely a property of hyperspace ( a.k.a. spacetime, 4-D ).

Other than Old Coot and Paine,
I don't know anyone who claims hyperspace is a “ void nothing ”.

The Q.E.D. scientists I know
( e.g. Tom Roberts in Sci.Physics.Relativity ) agree that
everything is “ inponderable ” fields.. not objects, not waves.

As Einstein noted, hyperspace ( a.k.a. the 4-D gravity field ) isn't
a “ ponderable object ”: it's 4-D static, invisible, and unblockable.

For my own benefit, I'm ending this post with Einstein's quote
( from “ Relatively and the Problem of Space ” ):
“ There is no such thing as an empty space,
i.e. a space without field.

Space-time does not claim existence on its own,
but only as a structural quality of the field.

Thus Descartes was not so far from the truth when he believed
he must exclude the existence of an empty space.

The notion indeed appears absurd,
as long as physical reality is seen exclusively in ponderable bodies.

It requires the idea of the field as the representative of reality,
in conjunction with the general principle of relativity,
to show the true kernel of Descartes' idea;
there exists no space ‘ empty of field ’. ”.

And I'll toss in this ( from Einstein ) as well:
“ I see a pattern,
but my imagination cannot picture the maker of that pattern.
I see a clock, but I cannot envision the clockmaker.

The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions,

so how can it conceive of a God,
before whom a thousand years and a thousand dimensions are as one ? ”.
-- “ The Expanded Quotable Einstein ”,
Princeton University Press, 2000 Page 208