Old November 30th 05, 01:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Default Challenging Silouen

"Charles D. Bohne" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 23:12:53 GMT, "Silouen"
wrote:

Silouen

Ok, let's try this one: Why the fu*k do you talk of "first contact"

when
alien presence has been here since the begining of human times?

Mr. D. Bohne!
Hello! Darla left a message for you.

How nice of her - tell her I still like her very much :-)

But I'll have to look for it.

Please do ... and post it via e-mail (all my mail-addresses are valid)

Still looking.

You should see this place; what a mess!

Well, better not ;-) I prefer rooms of lower order = less mess ;-)

This is easy question: Always when I speak of "first contact", Mr. Bohne,
please just take for granted that I mean "first official contact with
present day humanity".
You have probably deduced by now that there have been many, many first
unofficial contacts and even several first official contacts with past
societies.
We have been careful to erase most of the evidence of this, but not Too
careful. G

Looks you prefer to be a very secretive society. In my humble opinion
this is the reason for most injustice on this and every other planet.
Open minds are the first constituent of freedom.

Open, closed, who cares?
Minds are not doors to be open and closed.
Minds are inquisitive and fearless entities, "closed" only by anything which
can stop the thinking process.
You could use some "closure", Mr. Bohne.
Injustice is a subjective thing.
You consider secrecy to be unjust.
How just is it to know a secret which, just by knowing it, would kill you?
If you don't think there are secrets like this out there, then you are even
more naive than me!

Or that one: what's so important about the public acceptance of aliens
on this planet?

You really need to ask this?

yes.

Okay, the containment factor alone ought to impress somebody.

we are prisoners, weather we "know it or not".

Right now just a few of you know about seans.
So there are several (meager) attempts made by other humans to blow away
your planet each weak.

yes, we share this world with other criminal minds - and very stupid and
greedy ones at that.

And there is about one serious attempt every month (this has grown from
every two months just ten years ago).

that's an information I don't need, because I can do nothing about it,
nor could any combined effort of several million people. As we all had
to learn in 2002 there was no way to stop the industrial-military
complex from going to war. Moreover whole nations are unable to stop
those arrogant CIA clowns from abusing their countries ...

Public awareness would curtail much of this silliness.

NO - it would not, and it will not.

And our job would get easier.

Keep on dreaming!

Now think about what public awareness would do for your important

pasttimes
like religion and politics.

Again: NOTHING.
Religion is not for people with "awareness", it's for believers -
nothing can stop those from their credo.

Consider what it would be like to really get to know and to befriend

someone
who can travel to other stars, galaxies and clusters.

Who cares about other worlds as long as this one still is a mess?

Who cares about other peoples in other countries when my country is such a
mess?
Who cares about neighbors when my family is such a mess?
Who cares about family when I am such a mess?
Who cares about astronomy when there is so much to deal with on the ground?

The bigger and more fearless your heart, the more things you may care about.
And who cares what others think about what you care about?

Public awareness has served your people well.

Public awareness is created by Murdoch Media and some of his buddies.

Things have a tendency to remain on the "up-and-up".

Yes .. for several millennia by now, to no avail.

And last not least: what is there to gain from aliens who prefered to
stay hidden in the closet for most of our history?

C.

And my answer to this questions is: it's not even as important as
the results of last month's soccer games. .. It might be big news
for a day, and that's all there is to it. A trapped kitten or a bloody
murder-scene has much more news-appeal. Most people are not
interested in "aliens" of any kind.

This does not seem to be a problem to me.
Those who are interested will be tickled pink to see Betelgeuse up close.

How nice, send us a picture. Creating a HUMAN society ON THIS WORLD
has much more appeal to ME.

Better to improve the one you've got?
Why rediscover fire?

A lot of those who are not interested will fast become interested.

May their journeys be long and wide.

Those who don't become interested will, for the most part, take their own
lives.

.. In their own hands?

Most will commit suicide.
A few will install effective blinders on their mind's eye.

You have only to gain from us what we recently gained from our sister
galaxies.

Again: we don't care about "out there", we need HUMANITY and VALUES
down here!

You speak for everyone?
And what makes you think that by befriending an advanced culture, humanity
and values won't be improved on your planet?
We have some experience in this, Mr. Bohne.
Overall, life quality does improve after first contact.
Your life quality -- and ours.

The opportunity to learn, not just by sitting in a chair in front of a
computer, but by exploring firsthand up close and personal.
Everywhere we look there is something new to explore, Mr. Bohne.

Been there, bought the T-shirt, came back .. it's the same old mess!

There is no excuse for ANYONE (including you) to travel far and abroad
without helping to stop human and animal suffering on this planet first.

This is just you being helpless.
And you cannot in your heart defend a being who is obviously not helpless,
and yet who refuses to help.
You prefer being a puppet rather than being free.
Get fearless, Mr. Bohne!

Only then can you possibly understand.

The very first thing to stop being afraid of is -- freedom.

We shall appeal most to those with fearless hearts of the explorer in

each
and every one of you.
Swimmingly!

Silouen

Standing UP-RIGHT
Charles

And searching the sky?
Even porpoises and whales search the sky, Mr. Bohne.
Humans can do so much more with it.

Sil