Old April 17th 21, 12:52 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default SpaceX wins single source contract for NASA's crewed lunar lander

In article , lid
says...

On 17-Apr-21 7:05 am, Jeff Findley wrote:

SpaceX wins single source contract for NASA's crewed lunar lander!

This is really going to **** off a lot of other companies. And by
extension, a lot of lobbyists and congress-critters.

Jeff

Well, who'd want to bet against SpaceX getting the job done?

NASA has seen how easily its money can disappear into a black hole. SLS
has been nothing but a money-pit, and Starliner still hasn't carried an
Astronaut.

This might encourage other companies to be more focussed on building
working space hardware, and less on an a drip-feed of NASA cash.

Indeed. SpaceX's low bid was a huge factor in winning this contract.
Given the limited proposed increase in NASA's budget (from the Biden
Administration), NASA could not ignore the low price of SpaceX's bid.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021...x-as-its-sole-
provider-for-a-lunar-lander/

Jeff