Old March 19th 21, 02:16 AM posted to sci.space.policy
snidely

Default New booster reuse record set this morning

On 2021-03-17 09:08, Jeff Findley wrote:

Glad to see you finally agree with this.

From the time they re-used once, I knew that they would beat costs from
ULA. However, at time of first re-use, the fan club were claiing that
Elon had proven each core could be re-used 10 times. This is what I was
debating. I was also debating that we don't know the costs of turning
around, and I am glad you agree this is still the case.

Actually there are several companies that have deployed, or plan to
deploy, LEO constellations. Competition is a good thing.

If you have to deploy thousands of satellites, irrespective of costs,
who can have launch frequency capability that SpaceX has?

And if you consider costs, who can afford to launch a LEO constellation
on "legacy" non reusable rockets?

Unless Blue Origin gets into high launch frequency, SpaceX is the only
kid in town doing it, and they are busy launching their own.

Blue Origin plans to lanuch THEIR own.

/dps

--
"Inviting people to laugh with you while you are laughing at yourself
is a good thing to do, You may be a fool but you're the fool in