Old March 13th 21, 03:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy
a425couple

Default No Alien Contact ? - A very good Thing !

On 3/8/2021 10:10 AM, wrote:

Your deleting of what I post is really irritating.
Or do you have to pay less when you send smaller posts?

As to your "No Alien Contact" that depends on what you mean.
When you talk of "contact" and "interfaces" are you
writing about physical, 'face' to 'face' meetings,
or a clear knowing exchange of messages and ideas?

Either one; neither is now possible or likely.

However, most people understand that it would
be possible to have contact by establishing
communications.

Not the slightest hint of this so far, and not likely to occur in the future due to vast distances.

The vast distances can be crossed by radio waves.
Or even by very slow drone craft.

Some day our scientists that are listening may
hear a message from another species.

Maybe tomorrow, maybe 5 years from now, or maybe 1,000
years from now it may come. But how long will our
species be around listening?

Again:
As to your "No Alien Contact" that depends on what you mean.
When you talk of "contact" and "interfaces" are you
writing about physical, 'face' to 'face' meetings,
or a clear knowing exchange of messages and ideas?

If you are referring to a human and an alien advanced
species being together at the same place at the same time,
that would #1 be quite dangerous and #2 be very unlikely
for the reasons you keep repeating. i.e. too far &
travel is too slow.

So, If you mean 'face' to 'face' your ideas are
probably correct.

However, most people understand that it would
be possible to have contact by establishing
communications. That could occur some year,
or decade, or century. That event would be
extremely important for the human species.
It would transform how we feel about and view
ourselves. "Ideas" are probably the only medium
of trade between solar systems.