Old September 11th 20, 06:36 PM posted to sci.space.policy
jacob navia

Default The U.S. is going up in smoke

1) NASA, its true, has played a critical role. But credits for the Earth
observation campaigns is disappearing. Space.com reported in February:

In the Trump administration's federal budget request for 2021, proposes
the cancellation of two NASA telescopes, two Earth science satellites
and STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) engagement
efforts.

2) I have a feeling of desperation after all this years of warning
people, of trying by all my very limoited means, to stop this crazy
attitude of denial to see that it will be much worst than the direst
warnings I made 10 years ago. We are experiencing the temperatures that
were supposed to happen in 2100 if nothing was done. And now the whole
world is starting to burn, from Australia to the Amazon, the U.S.
Siberia, forest fires are accelerating global warming by spewing tons
and tons of CO2 to the atmosphere.

And we go on and nothing changes. Yes, this is (maybe) off topic. The
planet is off topic.

jacob