Old May 26th 19, 10:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Flying Cars, Flying Buses, Shuttle Ships to and from Alpha Centauri

On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 6:04:13 PM UTC-7, Bast wrote:
Mark Earnest wrote:
That is what most of us will see in our lifetime.

Do you realize that they promised us the same things in the 1950's and 60's.
And we were all supposed to get them flyin' cars in our driveways by the
year 2000
And all we got is teeny-tiny clown cars, that we used to laugh at in the
1960's.

Not forgetting that Lost in Space sent the Robinsons to Alpha
Centauri,.....in the distant future, of 1997.

Of course when Lost in Space, Star Trek, and Apollo were all filmed in
similar movie studios,....that's what you get.

I remember seeing a picture of a flying car in my "Weekly Reader" in the first grade back in the mid 50s. I thought for sure we would all be flying around in them by the time I got out of grade school! All we got was to watch George Jetson do it!

Double-A