Old June 2nd 17, 08:04 AM posted to sci.physics.research,sci.astro.research
jacobnavia

Default entropy and gravitation

Le 30/05/2017 Ã* 06:55, Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) a écrit :
Let's imagine the early universe---a smooth, low-entropy
distribution---and imagine gravity becoming weaker and weaker (by
changing the gravitational constant). Can we make G arbitrarily small
and the smooth distribution will still have low entropy? This seems
strange: an ARBITRARILY SMALL G makes a smooth distribution have a low
entropy. On the other hand, it seems strange that the entropy should
change at some value of G.

What about time?

An aribtrarily small G will take an almost infinite time to manifest
itself. Weaker gravity will EVENTUALLY get matter clumpy but if gravity
is weak, it will take MUCH more time for gravity effects to manifest
themselves.

An arbitrarily small gravity will take arbitrarily long time to have any
effect.

Does the contradiction disappear if we take time into the picture?