Old May 30th 17, 12:30 PM posted to sci.physics.research,sci.astro.research
Eric Flesch

Default entropy and gravitation

On 30 May 2017 Phillip Helbig wrote:
it seems strange that the entropy should change at some value of G.

For a while I thought thermodynamics was the most marvellous science,
but now I think that "entropy" is just a fudge to fill in the gap
after the enthalpy is measured. So who ever proved that "disorder" is
a full explanation of so-called entropy? I had the same thoughts as
Phil about the effects of scale on that interpretation (as well as how
it is different in space than on a planet), but casting it in the
light of the value of G is a new one.