Old February 14th 10, 02:47 AM posted to alt.astronomy
JeffRelf.F-M.FM   @.

Default  Tradition ! ( Kabbalah ! )

Speaking of “cabals”, as you ( Brad ) did, I'm reminded
that the word comes from “cabala” ( Kabala, Kabbalah ),
which means “tradition” or “received doctrine”.

Quoting:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menachem_Mendel_Schneerson

“ Born in Mykolaiv, Ukraine, [ Menachem Mendel Schneerson ] was
the eldest of three sons of Levi Yitzchak Schneerson,

an authority on Kabbalah and Jewish law who served as
the Rabbi of Yekaterinoslav from 1907 to 1939. [...]

Schneerson later studied independently under his father,
who was his primary teacher.

He studied Talmud and rabbinic literature,
as well as the Hasidic view of Kabbalah. ”

“ In 1991, Schneerson was indirectly involved in the start of a riot
in his neighborhood of Crown Heights.

The riot began when a car accompanying his motorcade
— returning from one of his regular cemetery visits
to his father-in-law's grave —
accidentally struck two seven-year-olds [ African Americans ]
and left the scene, killing one.

In the rioting, Australian Jewish graduate student Yankel Rosenbaum
was murdered, many Lubavitchers were badly beaten, and

much property was destroyed; also,
rioters hurled rocks and bottles at the Jews over police lines. ”.

“ After Schneerson's death, a bill was introduced in
the U.S. House of Representatives
— sponsored by Congressmen Chuck Schumer and co-sponsored by
Newt Gingrich, and Jerry Lewis, as well as 220 other Congressmen —
to posthumously bestow on Schneerson the Congressional Gold Medal.

On November 2, 1994 the bill passed both Houses by unanimous consent,
honoring Schneerson for his
‘ outstanding and enduring contributions toward world education,
morality, and acts of charity. ’

President Bill Clinton spoke these words
at the Congressional Gold Medal ceremony:

‘ The late Rebbe's eminence as a moral leader for our country was
recognized by every president since Richard Nixon.

For over two decades, the Rabbi's movement now has
some 2000 institutions; educational, social, medical,
all across the globe.

We ( the United States Government ) recognize
the profound role that Rabbi Schneerson had in
the expansion of those institutions. ’. ”.