Old February 17th 07, 05:47 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mij Adyaw

Default Copernicus was wrong -- bible says so -- "religious right" biblethumpers believe it -- this is not a joke

Evolution is just a theory as is intelligent design. Both should be taught
in schools. How many of you (over 45 folks) had to worry about kids bringing
guns to school when you were growing-up? Why do we have this problem today?
Did you ever ponder that question? The answer is simple, however, it will
most likely offend the staunch atheists in this group. It is due to the lack
of spirituality of today's youth. Kids today worship the MTV Rapper as God
rather than our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Many of today's youth have no
moral values. Teaching them that they are the descendants of Monkeys only
reinforces their already warped view of the world, lack of spirituality,
self-centeredness, and lack of respect for other folks. I don't have any
children, but most of my friends and family send their children to Christian
Schools because they teach creationism rather than evolution and impart
moral values. The lack of spirituality that is currently rampant in this
country was predicted by the Bible. Open your bible and more importantly,
"open your mind to the concept of faith" and you will be enlightened.

Regards,

-mij

"Someone babbled the following sarcastic attack on the religious members of
this newsgroup:" :-(

Those of you who are Creationists, therefore, cannot complain that we
are persecuting you, and pressuring you to deny your faith. The rest
of the students can get a big laugh at the hypocrisy of the adult
world, and the level of stupidity it sometimes has to show respect to.

The Creationists should get what the First Amendment demands they are
owed... but nothing more. I would even say they deserve it.

"Here is some information from a person with a grasp of reality and an
open-mind"

We shall begin with the philosophical aspects of A Brief History of Time,
which really explains why it has sold so many copies. Stephen Hawking has
stated, "It is difficult to discuss the beginning of the universe without
mentioning the concept of God. My work on the origin of the universe is on
the borderline between science and religion, but I try to stay on the
scientific side of the border. It is quite possible that God acts in ways
that cannot be described by scientific laws, but in that case, one would
just have to go by personal belief."

When asked whether he believed that science and Christianity were competing
world views, Hawking replied, "...then Newton would not have discovered the
law of gravity." He knew that Newton had strong religious convictions.