Old February 17th 07, 04:54 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RMOLLISE

Default Copernicus was wrong -- bible says so -- "religious right" biblethumpers believe it -- this is not a joke

On Feb 17, 10:42 am, "Quadibloc" wrote:
RMOLLISE wrote:
A Texas lawmaker _is_ apparently pushing this. What's next? I imagine
that will be demands that geocentrism must be taught alongside
heliocentrism in public schools in order to be FAIR? ;-)

I will oppose these demands.

If there *were* a significant number of geocentric religious believers
to be concerned about - which I doubt will ever occur - I would accept
teaching Copernicanism in a "culturally sensitive" fashion, as is my
position with evolution.

John Savard

"Culturally sensitive" in what way? How? And don't discount this. How
many people thought the Scopes trial had settled the evolution debate
80 years ago?

Unk Rod