Old February 17th 07, 04:42 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Copernicus was wrong -- bible says so -- "religious right" biblethumpers believe it -- this is not a joke

RMOLLISE wrote:
A Texas lawmaker _is_ apparently pushing this. What's next? I imagine
that will be demands that geocentrism must be taught alongside
heliocentrism in public schools in order to be FAIR? ;-)

I will oppose these demands.

If there *were* a significant number of geocentric religious believers
to be concerned about - which I doubt will ever occur - I would accept
teaching Copernicanism in a "culturally sensitive" fashion, as is my
position with evolution.

John Savard