Old October 31st 05, 01:04 PM
Ian Newham

Default argos refractor

In article , Henry wrote:
Last year in November Lidls had a 70mm Skylux (?) scope with equatorial
mount for ~£50 and there are loads of comments around the web about what a
cracking piece of kit it was for the money. They may have it again this
year, of course it isn't possible to guess exactly what Lidls specials are
likely to be next but it might be worth waiting a few weeks.

I bought my son one of these lidl scopes last year and was very pleased
with it, ISTR we bought it around November time. If you look at
www.lidl.co.uk you can see their specials for the next couple of weeks
(the telescope isnt listed, I've just looked).
My only criticism would be that the highest magnification eyepiece
wasn't too good but the 26mm ( I think its 26 ) is fine. If youre brand
conscious, on the box it says the scope was made by Meade.

FWIW I noticed the same scope for sale as a Bresser (but still branded
skylux) for £99 on some telescope web site the other day. From Lidl it
was £60 :-)

--
Ian Newham

http://www.IanNewham.com