Old September 11th 03, 08:10 PM
Rand Simberg

Default OSP: reliability and survivability

On 11 Sep 2003 18:35:04 GMT, in a place far, far away, Pat Flannery
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a
way as to indicate that:

Rand Simberg wrote:

Expendable rockets do. We've no experience base with reusables, other
than Shuttle, which has never exploded...

No, it just falls apart on the way up or down, as opposed to exploding;
but from the viewpoint of the cargo and crew, that's not much of a
difference.

That's a separate issue. I was simply clarifying the point that
rockets don't necessarily intrinsically explode.