Old January 18th 18, 08:32 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

Default PBS 2 hour "Black Hole Apocalypse" NOVA special was pretty good

On Wednesday, 17 January 2018 09:21:10 UTC-5, Bill Gill wrote:
On 1/16/2018 5:28 PM, RichA wrote:
Perhaps a bit derivative of parts of Cosmos and The Elegant Universe and the lady astrophysicist wasn't the most compelling narrator, but the info on the LIGO array used to detect gravity waves and such was interesting.

http://www.pbs.org/video/black-hole-apocalypse-yj34qi/

I thought she did as good a job as most science narrators. In
fact I was impressed by the fact that they actually had quite
a few female presenters, rather than mostly male.

As you said the show was a pretty good one. I am always happy
when the NOVA actually does a good show and mostly gets it
right.

Bill

But except for one woman who worked on the orbit of stars at the galaxy core, they were peripheral figures.