Old February 17th 10, 05:09 PM posted to sci.space.history
John[_3_]

Default Mars atmosphere

On Feb 15, 12:45*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 23:21:58 -0500, wrote:
Please forgive a stupid question, but my curiosity got the better ofme. I was
reading that duing a Mars summer, the temperature hits around 70 degrees.. Would
it theoretically be possible for a human to venture onto the Mars surface in
these temperatures, in more or less shirtsleeves, using only an oxygen mask?
Just for a short term, or maybe not. Like I said, a stupid question, but given
the Earthlike temperature, it got me wondering. Thanks.

Thanks for the replies. I knew ut was a stupid question. I didn't consider the
air pressure problem. Guess that's why I'm not a rocket scientist.Thanks again.

So long as it is honest, there is no such thing as a stupid question.
Stupidity only enters the fray when someone refuses to accept
reasonable answers.

Take care all . . .

John