Old February 15th 19, 12:17 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Alain Fournier[_3_]

Default R.I.P. Mars One

On Feb/12/2019 at 12:10, Fred J. McCall wrote :
Alain Fournier wrote on Mon, 11 Feb 2019
20:03:57 -0500:

Mars One, which was proposing one-way trips to Mars has declared bankruptcy.

https://spacenews.com/mars-one-company-goes-bankrupt/

Is this any surprise? Did they ever do anything but take in money?
How can you promise trips to Mars in a couple years with no rocket, no
vehicle, no nothing?

I agree.

I vaguely remember another company which also had a dubious space
project. Some company, in Scandinavia I think, was proposing to use
decommissioned Russian missiles and put a space tourist where the
nuclear warhead was. I don't remember seeing anywhere that the project
has been abandoned. But I haven't seen anywhere yet that they have sent
to space a customer (or the customers corpse if said customer doesn't
survive). Does anyone remember that project? Does anyone know if it has
been officially cancelled?

Alain Fournier