Old February 14th 06, 07:04 AM posted to sci.space.moderated,sci.space.policy

Default Moral Equivalent Of A Space Program

Rand Simberg wrote:

At this point, the replacement cost of the Orbiter is irrelevant,
since we're retiring it anyway, and not going to replace it. There's
no reason for an accident investigation to cost $400M.

If you want another crew to get on it there is.
"So what made the last one fail?"
"How the hell should we know? They do that now and then."
"I'm a little queasy about flying on it if we don't know what's wrong
with it."
"And I'm a little queasy about giving you your next paycheck....now just
get on board the damn thing...now."
"I have some reservations about this..."
"And I have a gun...now get on board...RIGHT NOW!" :-D

Pat