Old January 16th 21, 09:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Luigi Caselli[_2_]

Default So Where Are The Aliens ?

Il 16/01/2021 21:09, Sjouke Burry ha scritto:
On 16.01.21 20:59, Luigi Caselli wrote:

Suppose that we are th only intelligent species in the whole universe.
Now remove the earth from the universe.

The result is that, removing the Earth, the universe can't understand
itself (via the human brain) anymore.

In this case the difference caused by our disappearance would be huge.

I would rather assume that physical law is the same everywhere.
In the first 2 billion years on earth live started a number of times,
proved by checking deposit layers in very old rocks.
Given that, it would be very silly to assume that this would not happen
elsewhere.
Results would differ in all sorts of ways, of course.

I agree with you that life can exist in many planets of our universe.
But a species with consciousness and abstract thinking (like us) seem to
me really unlikely.
This is the reason why I think the human race is special even on a small
planet rotating around a remote star.
I know this is an Hyper-Anthropic idea but I like it...

Luigi Caselli