Old January 20th 18, 01:25 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

Default NASA and shutdowns

On 2018-01-19 20:27, me wrote:
U.S. Government Shutdown Won’t Impact ISS Operations
Jan 18, 2018 Mark Carreau | Aerospace Daily & Defense Report
http://aviationweek.com/awinspace/us...iss-operations

Won't let me read it. Is it deemed to be an "essential" service that
continues despite shutdown, or an already funded service that can
continue until apporproaations run out?

Do ISS operation continue normally, or are they curtailed to some
extent? (experiements are ofren managed by Marshall with lots of staff
on ground).

If I were to ale Fred McCall to the letter, shoudln'r they be cutting
power, gas, heating to all federal buildings sinc there is no funding
to pay for it?

JF Mezi,

A quick search of DuckDuckGo (enough of Google already) using this
phrase: "iss and government shutdown" let to this website:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/19/1...s-falcon-heavy

Which in turn led to this PDF:

https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/f...015-update.pdf

Commentary: (no charge :-)

I'm not trying to be overly critical here, or antagonistic. But searches
likes these are rudimentary these days and the information you seek is
ready available from on-line search engines. You seem to be stuck in the
1980's in the days before the Web when queries like these were necessary
to newsgroups such as this in order just to FIND the information. Often
times that required a follow up via either ftp downloading of a text
document or an email or telephone call to some cloistered government or
academic librarian and even US Mail! Thankfully, that is no longer the case.

I think it would be of more interest to me and perhaps other readers of
the newsgroup that you first seek out, using search engines, the basic
info you seek and then if you have specific questions using the above
source material (which IMO you should include as reference links) then
maybe you would get a better result based on the responses you'd get
from people here who have experience in such matters.

It would lead to better discussions and be of interest to the "experts"
more often than not. Also I suggest you subscribe to the mailing list
Arocket and lurk there for awhile to get a feel for the back and forth I
am describing.

http://www.arocketry.net/forum.html

Dave