Old June 23rd 09, 12:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: First light, AP155EDF f/7 and PL39000C, target M8/M20

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message
ster.com...

I hate long flights all cramped up. Going east always gives me a three or
four day period I'm worthless for anything. No way I could have even
tried imaging after that return trip. West doesn't seem to bother me.
Lived next to a Pan Am pilot for years when I lived in Lincoln Nebraska.
He flew a round the world route from LA returning to Kennedy about 6 days
later. They only set those routes going west. East flights were only one
leg if crossing more than 2 time zones. He had the seniority that he could
and did refuse anything going east. Not bad gig, fly around the world
once every two weeks, work for 6 days and be off for 8.

I finally managed to sleep on the return trip. Slept most of the way. Biz
class seats make a huge difference!

usually going East is the killer for me. This time it was heading west: the
departure from SFO is 1:40AM so it has already been a long day. Then the
flight is 14 hours and when yuo land it is 6am.... the beginning of yet
another long day. Only way to make this work is to find a way to sleep on
the way over....

But I was whacked all week over there.... I do this every month now :-(