Old September 15th 11, 03:12 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

Default Size of New Found Planets,and Numbers

On Sep 15, 5:03*am, "G=EMC^2" wrote:
On Sep 14, 11:06*am, Painius wrote:

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 06:18:55 -0700 (PDT), "G=EMC^2"

wrote:
Well back in 2008 I read there were 50 Earth size planets 185 about 30%nlarger,and 640 about 2.2 times the size of Earth.Now we have ti Kepler saterlite I would like to know how many it has found in the last 3 years? *TreBert

Kepler was launched in March of 2009. *As of Sept. 2009, 1,235
planetary candidates circling 997 host stars had been discovered.
That's more than twice the number of the then known exoplanets. Those
results included 68 planetary candidates of Earth-like size and 54
planetary candidates in the Goldilocks Zone of their star.

As of this month, Kepler has found 1,781 planetary candidates.

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kepler_satellite

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine

We must look for a star within 10 LY *We must be able to know its a
rock planet,and looks like a blue marble. That is when things would
get very interesting *TreBert

Yes, finding another blue and green Eden to pillage, plunder and
trash, especially to dominate and perpetrate future wars and cause
inflation, so that maximum fear and disparity is created if there's
anything of complex intelligent life to provoke, as well as blaming
everything bad on their Muslims and otherwise giving all wealth and
authority to the most satanic faith-based cult that we'll import and
help enforce their authority over others. If all goes well, we should
be able to enslave, torment and burn that planet down to nothing in
just a few thousand years.

http://translate.google.com/#