Old January 16th 05, 02:43 PM
Julia's Cakes

Youve got it - the "Solar" system. Only one "Sol" and only one
"Sola" and only one "Solar" ... that's us, third row seat 3B.
Get to the popcorn stand early before Inflation sets in.

wrote:

This might be a really dumb question, but I've been doing some reading
for fun and have come to understand the following...

Our solar system is part of the Milky Way galaxy which has a whole
bunch of other solar systems in it, closest being Alpha Centauri. So
what is the name of our Solar System? It seems like a simple question,
but I can't find the answer. Is it Sol?

Thanks.