Old January 28th 05, 06:02 AM
John Solver

"Florian" wrote in message
For some reason i rarely seem to see stars as twinkling. And my seeing is
quite poor being just east of a 10k foot mtn range.

The reason you don't see the stars twinkling and lack of color in poor
seeing is because the jetstream winds above you are blowing hard and steady.
Planets would be totally blurry in a telescope, lack color and definition,
but wouldn't be bouncing around like they do when seeing is poor, but slow
oscillations of the winds (varying speeds high above).

John

I also don't tend to see colors in most stars. On the other hand i CAN see
quite faint objects. Just peculiarities of my eyes i guess.

-Florian