Old February 19th 06, 02:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Default Darla's on the way back! (was uhm, something else

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
Dr Who Carl Sagan at the start of his famous TV show had a dandelion
seed floating off into space He knew about weeds. I knew about crazy
mushrooms. We know why Coca Cola became so popular over night. Don't
knock them unless you have tried them. Tobacco,and alcohol can do more
harm Sagan was one 0f my ideals TreBert

Who What Where When How

Yes, TB, that was a pretty neat sneaky pete Asa Candler pulled back in the
beginning.
But by the time it was found out, he had already built quite an empire.
Thousands of jobs for glassmakers, sugar handlers, etc.
Since his company had grown so large from its modest beginnings in the back
of a store, all that was asked of him was to stop using the "hard stuff" and
find another way.

AC was the type of person who had the imagination necessary to be able to do
this.
He was able to very nearly duplicate the taste without need for the hard
drug.
And Coca Cola went on.
And on, and on, and on!
As well as all the other soft drinks inspired by Asa Candler's work.

Did you know that he bought the original formula for a piddley $500?
Someday I'll tell you who sold the formula to him, if you like.

Carl Sagan is one of my ideals, too!

YubiWan