Old June 4th 13, 07:22 AM posted to sci.astro.research
Phillip Helbig---undress to reply

Default WIMPS?

In article , "Robert L.
Oldershaw" writes:

In light of Helbig's reaction, I am left wondering if "WIMPs" are
completely unfalsifiable since it appears that any failed prediction can
be rationalized away in the Helbig manner. Note that Helbig is hardly
the sole practitioner of this type of reason

Can the "WIMP" conjecture make a definitive prediction and stand by
it, or is it pure pseudo-science?

Lest anyone think I am dead, I have decided to stop replying to RLO's
comments, especially since his own DSR is the prime example of a theory
for which---as has been pointed out here and elsewhere many times---a
definitive prediction has been falsified, hence ruling out the theory.
RLO then claims that the theory has a backup prediction which hasn't
been falsified, which of course is what he criticises elsewhere, even
when---as here---it is not the case (there has never been a definitive
prediction such as "if dark matter consists of WIMPs, then they must
annihilate or decay at a rate detectable with current technology").

So, RLO has not convinced me, but rather---especially when name-calling
is brought into it---I see no point in investing any more time in this;
even for bystanders but not participants, enough has been said for all
to make up their minds.