Old April 12th 09, 03:10 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
BradGuth

Default super-precise ionic thruster

On Apr 11, 6:31*pm, Uncle Al wrote:
BradGuth wrote:

On Apr 11, 3:25 pm, Uncle Al wrote:
BradGuth wrote:

On Apr 11, 10:42 am, Uncle Al wrote:
Yousuf Khan wrote:

Small Engine For the Big Job of Testing Theory of Relativity | Universe
Today
"Twelve thrusters will be used for the LISA Pathfinder. Working together
with another propulsions system designed by NASA, the thrusters should
yield directional control at least 100 times more accurate than any
spacecraft before; down to a millionth of a millimeter. "
http://www.universetoday.com/2009/04...r-the-big-job-...

Let's see now...

[10^(-6)][10^(-3) m] = 10^(-9) m or a nanometer.

How much thrust is imparted by the changing angle with orbit of solar
photons bouncing off, absorbed by, and absorbed and re-radiated by the
spacecraft?

Why not stick with my Ra226 Rn222 ion thrusters?

* 1) Because you would not recognize engineering even it it came up
and bit you on the ass.
* 2) Because you are ineducable.
* 3) Because you are an idiot.

Those are just silly excuses, mostly because you're jealous.

Observed facts exist independent of observers. *You are intellectually
loathsome.

In other words, you can't be specific without looking like a
dumbfounded village idiot moron. I think we understand.

~ BG