Old December 12th 04, 05:27 PM
Brad Guth

If all the PV solar arrays, antenna and any other frail appendages were
secured as best can, and if the rate of acceleration was 0.1 m/s/s, or
possibly as great as 1 m/s/s, as such nothing should rip lose. Unless
volunteers applied, there'd be no onboard crew until safely reaching
ME-L1.

BTW; what's the existing reboost (1.5 to 3 hours) rate of applied
acceleration?

ISS is already making good headway, thus another few km/s should not do
harm nor cause ISS to trek itself off into the sun. I'm assuming that
at some point in the spiral-out progression that an additional kick in
the ISS butt should manage quite nicely at getting it headed towards
the moon (I believe timing is everything).

Regards, Brad GUTH / GASA~IEIS http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-topics.htm